San Diego is full of budget-friendly travel activities. Our great weather and beautiful location makes it easy to find low-cost fun on our beaches, in our parks, and downtown. Here's a guide to the best free and low-cost things to do in San Diego.
• Surf and soak up fun at the shore. We have 70 miles of coastline and loads of beaches. You'll find places to play in tidal pools, kayak, snorkel, and of course surf. Don't miss the beach-side thrill rides at Belmont Park.
• Explore Balboa Park. Balboa Park is home to many of San Diego's best museums. Check out their websites, as admission rates vary. The Model Railroad Museum is free for kids under 5 and just $4 for older kids. Kids are also free at the San Diego Museum of Art. A ride on the park's historic carousel or the miniature railroad is just $3. You can spend hours strolling through many of the park's gardens or hiking or biking its trails for free.
• Enjoy our skyline. Sightseeing cruises are a fun way to see the San Diego skyline, but if they don't fit your budget, take the short, 15 minute ferry to Coronado. You'll have great views of our buildings and get an close look at an aircraft carrier as you pass by the USS Midway Museum.
• Explore San Diego's historic streets. The Gaslamp Quarter streets are lined with colorful Victorian buildings, many now shops and restaurants. The historic buildings are even older in Old Town San Diego State Historic Park, where the shops, restaurants, and museums are instructures dating back to our Mexican days.
• Stay at convenient, budget-friendly Days Inn San Diego Hotel Circle Near SeaWorld. You won't need a car when you stay with us; the hop-on/hop-off trolley, busses, and light rail all stop right here. Plus when you get back to the hotel, you'll enjoy free Wi-Fi to share your adventures with friends back home. End your day with a relaxing soak in our hot tub and then dinner at our on-site restaurant.