Meet comics fans from all over, plus writers, artists, cartoonists, and more at this year's San Diego Comic Con. The mega event opens with a preview night July 19 and then has jam-packed days from July 20-23. Fans can hear from genre celebrities, see great films, explore works of art, and mingle with other fans who share their passion. Check the Comic-Con site for full details to plan out your schedule. Here are some of the highlights:
• Special guests. The special guests at Comic Con include some of the biggest names in the comics industry, including Stan Lee. the man behind SpiderMan, Iron Man, the Fantastic Four, and more. Other famous attendees include Sergio Aragones from Mad magazine; Tom King, a writer of Batman; Keith Pollard, known for his art in Spiderman, the Fantastic Four, and other Marvel works; and J. Michael Straczynski, who's written for Image, Marvel, and DC comics.
• Art and vendors. There'll be comic art and collectibles on display, along with small press tables to introduce you to new talent.
• View great films. There's a full lineup of films, including international, children's, old favorites, and anime tracks.
• Masquerade. Fans in costume are a highlight at the annual masquerade event.
• Portfolio review and Comic Creator Connection. If you've got talent, the con lets you get honest feedback on your work or find a partner to help make it even better.
Days Inn San Diego Hotel Circle Near SeaWorld is just a few miles from the Convention Center where Comic-Con 2017 is being held. Great transportation options at our front door let you get to the event as quickly as if you had superpowers. After a day of fun at the con, you can unwind in our hot tub and enjoy the warmth of San Diego.