Big city vacations can be expensive, but San Diego is perfect for travelers on a budget. Sunshine, the beach, and beautiful Balboa Park are free for everyone to enjoy. Here's a guide to some of the best free things to do in San Diego.
• Enjoy scenic beauty. Head to the ocean for a day of sun, sand, and spectacular views. La Jolla Cove offers especially beautiful sunsets.
• Take a 59 Mile Scenic Drive. Hop in your car and spend the day tracing the San Diego 59 Mile Scenic Drive. It'll take you from downtown to the beaches and beyond, combining all the best of San Diego into a single adventure.
• Walk through one of San Diego's neighborhoods. Stroll along the waterfront at the Embarcadero, enjoy the Victorian architecture in the Gaslamp Quarter, step back in time in Old Town, or get a taste of the old country in Little Italy. The streets of San Diego are free for wandering, soaking up the vibe, and window-shopping.
• Explore Balboa Park. The park is filled with attractions. Some, like the museums and zoo, charge admission, but it's free to roam the grounds beneath the palm trees. Settle in and enjoy a free outdoor organ concert!
• Take a hike. Torrey Pines State Reserve trails climb the cliffs to give gorgeous views of the ocean.
• Spend time with family. Make great vacation memories in your downtime between attractions. Hang out by the hotel pool at Days inn San Diego Hotel Circle Near SeaWorld, grab a casual bite together in our restaurant, and enjoy the simple pleasure of being away from home together.