Whether you're a football fan or not, build plenty of time into your San Diego visit to enjoy great special events when the Holiday Bowl comes to town. The game itself takes place December 28, but there are lots of fun activities to enjoy before heading into the stadium:
• Meet players and coaches at the Kickoff Luncheon on 12/27. The event features a battle of the bands, team videos, and lunch with the teams.
• The talent isn't just on the field. Head to the Gaslamp on 12/27 for a marching band showcase that puts school spirit out in front.
• Start your day 12/28 with the Solar Turbines 5K Run/Walk. The event heads along the San Diego waterfront and leaves you in a great spot to enjoy the Holiday Bowl Parade.
• The Holiday Bowl Parade 12/28 is the largest balloon parade in the country. Viewing is free from the street, or buy grandstand tickets to guarantee a great view of all the entertainment that's part of the parade.
• Test out your own football abilities at the pregame Global Winterland FanZone. There are interactive football skills challenges plus great food and a beer garden.
• Don't miss the Pregame Show featuring parachutists and a flag as big as the field!
All the action takes place just a few miles from Days Inn San Diego Hotel Circle Near SeaWorld. You're near all the best in San Diego. Plus when you need some downtime, our hot tub and pool along with our onsite restaurant means you don't have to stay in your room to unwind. Click here to make your reservation.