North Park & South Park
Looking for a little slice of eccentricity? Be sure to check out North Park & South Park. From amazing eats and cool bars to plenty of art and the cutest boutique shops, these two neighborhoods have it all. For those looking for something a little quieter and laid back, visit South Park and make your way down Fern Street where you'll find wonderful restaurants like Piacere Mio, Eclipse Chocolate Bar & Bistro, and Station Tavern. North Park is a go-to for locals looking for something a little more fast-paced but still edgy. Stop by One Door North for a nature-themed ambiance set inside individual safari-style tents. Additional must-eats are Carnitas Snack Shack, Hammonds Ice Cream, Cardamom Cafe and Bakery, and Underbelly. True North, Seven Grand, and West Coast Tavern are just a few of the many local watering holes that we recommend.
- Hammond's Gourmet Ice Cream: We've had beer flights before, but an ice cream flight? Sign us up!
- One Door North: Boasting rustic American fare, specialty cocktails, and a dining experience you won't soon forget!
- Carnita’s Snack Shack: San Diego’s original pork house offers a wide variety of indulgent food, local craft beer, and specialty cocktails.
- Seven Grand: A cool, dusky bar that also happens to be home to the Whiskey Society. Stepping into Seven Grand will feel as though you've been transported to another time.
- North Park Beer Co: Very comforting and welcoming atmosphere with great beer and Mastiff Sausage Co. has an outlet that serves German-inspired food.
- West Coast Tavern: Located next to the Observatory, this bar is in one of North Park’s most historic buildings. It fuses modern with classic, retaining the old-school glamour while pervading a new, laid-back, urban vibe.
THINGS TO DO:
- The Observatory North Park: Open floor design that features an eclectic mix of live music shows from death metal to folksy.
- Pigment: The ultimate home decor, plant, and gift shop. This aesthetically pleasing store is a North Park must-see!
- Annual Taste of North Park: Features food from over 40 of the neighborhood’s best restaurants, beverages from the region’s best brews, and more!
- Station Tavern: Located in the heart of South Park, enjoy comfort food, daily specials, local craft beers, and a full bar.
- Buona Forchetta: Amazing authentic Italian food in a charming location with market lights and excellent service (most servers speak Italian!)
- Curryosity: Great cocktails and Indian-inspired fare at a super cute location and great price. Also vegan-friendly!
- Kindred: Whimsical, eccentric space for contemporary vegan fare and delicious drinks! Death metal-inspired art and music.
- Whistle Stop Bar: Located on the corner of 30th and Juniper, they have a daily happy hour and are train station-inspired with live music and classic drinks.
- The Rose Wine Bar: Women-owned small local natural wine bar with wines that are small-scale, sustainable, organic, and biodynamic.
- Fall Brewing Co: Laidback place with great beer and a cool 90s punk rock vibe with a more modern twist.
THINGS TO DO:
- Juniper Canyon Trail & Labyrinth: Full of footpaths, indigenous vegetation, and hilly vistas, this park is a breath of fresh air.
- Vinyl Junkies Records: Explore a wide selection of records for all those eclectic collectors or just those who love music.
- Thread and Seed: Shop for all the latest trends, accessories, and home decor
- Native Poppy: Super cute flower store with gifts, home decor, and more!