San Diego Neighborhoods as Zodiac Signs
San Diego may look like one city from the outside, but locals know — the metro is made up of dozens of separate neighborhoods, each with its own vibe and scene. As such, there’s truly something here for everyone. So we thought it would be fun to imagine our favorite local neighborhoods (with all of their diverse personalities) as representing a corresponding star sign of the zodiac. Wondering which hot-spot best aligns with your horoscope? Read on to discover your next favorite neighborhood.
Aries ♈︎ (March 21 – April 29) — Pacific Beach
Since they’re considered the first sign, Aries are known as the “children of the zodiac”. Those born under the sign of Aries are full of life, adventurous, and bold — so the youthful and wild spirit of Pacific Beach is a great match for that energy! PB always has an upbeat vibe…especially at night. If Pacific Beach were a person, they’d be the life of the party. Just like Aries! Here are some places you’ll want to check out while there:
- El Prez: Tequila, tacos and bucket drinks really get the party started.
- PB Shore Club: Famous Red Bull Vodka slushies, and high energy all night.
- San Diego Surf School: Learn to surf at this longtime Pacific Beach staple.
Taurus ♉︎ (April 20 – May 20) — North Park
As an Earth sign, Taureans tend to be very grounded and centered. They love all things comfortable — their homes, food, clothing, etc. — so they’re natural solace-seekers. A Taurus is always looking to slow down and take it all in. North Park has a very chill and laid-back vibe that matches Taurus energy perfectly. Here, you’ll find hip local shops, eateries and breweries everywhere, all in a very chill, walkable neighborhood.
- Pigment: Home goods, plants, and décor perfect for making spaces cozy.
- Pretzels & Pints: Hand-rolled pretzels, craft beer, and games with friends.
- Part-Time Lover: So-hip-it-hurts speakeasy bar, lounge and record shop.
Gemini ♊︎ (May 21 – June 20) — Hillcrest
Geminis are playful and intellectually curious; they tend to indulge a wide variety of passions, interests, hobbies and friend groups. The Geminis are absolutely the social butterflies of the zodiac. Because of this, they’re usually very extroverted and thrive on spontaneity. That makes Hillcrest — with its super colorful, vibrant energy, fun bars and restaurants. people-watching and unique shopping — ideal for entertaining Geminis.
- InsideOUT: Cali and Mediterranean dishes and drinks in a lively space with a pool.
- Gossip Grill: Karaoke, drag brunches and saucy soirées. Never a dull moment.
- San Diego Pride Festival: The city’s largest celebration of LGBTQIA+ culture.
Cancer ♋︎ (June 21 – July 22) — Shelter Island/Point Loma
Cancers are nurturing, sensitive, compassionate, and loving. As the first water sign in the zodiac, Cancers are often understood to be very in tune with their emotions. As such, Shelter Island is an ideal fit for their energy. That’s thanks to its tranquil vibe that still manages to offer top-notch live entertainment, amazing downtown views, exceptional restaurants, and plenty to do. Cancers will feel at home this near the Pacific, as well.
- Humphreys Concerts by the Bay: Household-name live entertainment here.
- Blue Wave Bar & Grill: A full menu of local favorites, as well as craft cocktails.
- Sunset Cliffs: The best spot to catch a sunset in a city defined by them.
Leo ♌︎ (July 23 – August 22) — Gaslamp Quarter
Leos are born performers, and love to be the center of attention. That makes the over-the-top buzz of the Gaslamp Quarter the perfect fit for a Leo sensibility. Gaslamp is the heart and soul of San Diego’s downtown. No matter what time of day you visit, this is one neighborhood that’s always bustling. It’s filled with high-rise buildings, a huge variety of bars and restaurants, major events, and people from all over the world. In other words, it’s the perfect fit for a Leo’s outgoing style and confident personality.
- Petco Park: Catch a Padres game at the best stadium in the league.
- Moonshine Flats: The place to steal the show and line dance the night away.
- Altitude Sky Lounge: Sip a Mile-High Margarita with awesome downtown views.
Virgo ♍︎ (August 23rd – Sept 22) — Coronado Island
Since Virgos are logical, practical and systematic in their approach to life, they’re known for having a strong emotional center. Virgos also tend to be perfectionists. That’s why we’ve chosen Coronado Island as the best match for this sign. Coronado is a gorgeous peninsula filled with white-sand beaches and green parks, making it the ideal seaside escape. Virgos can get in touch with their nature-loving earth sign side in this picture-perfect area.
- Brigantine: Incredible local seafood served in an upscale ambience.
- Cycle The Shore: Coronado is the ideal spot to cruise between sand and sea.
- Lamb’s Players Theatre: A local playhouse with high-quality stagecraft.
Libra ♎︎ (September 23 – October 22) — La Jolla
Libras are known to be charming, soulful, and well-balanced — hence their symbol, the scales. These signs thrive on achieving order and aesthetically pleasing environments. That’s why we’ve selected La Jolla, known as “San Diego’s Jewel” to represent them. Whether you’re seeking out luxurious dining experiences, stunning photo-op spots, or unique, high-end shopping, La Jolla is absolutely the coastal enclave you should visit.
- Duke’s La Jolla: Enjoy sensational ocean views with delicious food and drinks.
- Unique Shopping: There’s no end of great spots to get in some retail therapy.
- La Jolla Seals: Visit the famous colony of sea lions near the Children’s Pool.
Scorpio ♏︎ (October 23 – November 21) — Little Italy
Those born under the sign of Scorpio tend to have a natural air of hedonistic mystery around them. And since Scorpios also tend to be night owls, Little Italy represents them perfectly. Little Italy has a fun and edgy nightlife scene, with world-class restaurants, bars and even ever-popular speakeasies — very mysterious! This neighborhood is also near the shore, so water-sign Scorpios will feel right at home here.
- Shibuya Nights: Japanese-themed speakeasy with an intriguing drink menu.
- False Idol: Get your freaky tiki on at this Polynesian watering hole.
- Born & Raised: Steak. Whiskey. And a rooftop patio with an easy breeze.
Sagittarius ♐︎ (November 22 – December 23) — East Village
Sagittarians are wild, independent, fun, quirky, friendly and outgoing. These folks are forever on a perpetual quest for knowledge, making them incredible storytellers, entertainers, and creatives. That makes East Village — downtown’s largest neighborhood — the perfect region to represent them. It’s bursting with energy thanks to its rooftop bars, cafés, boutique shops, galleries, restaurants, etc. Sagittarians will take to this neighborhood thanks to its ability to have fun, party, and achieve new experiences.
- San Diego Central Library: A wealth of knowledge within a titan of architecture.
- Museum of Beer: Learn all about America’s favorite brewed beverage.
- Punch Bowl Social: Bowling, shuffleboard, karaoke, bocce and cold drinks.
Capricorn ♑︎ (December 22 – January 19) — South Park
Capricorns are the go-getter worker bees of the star chart. They skew very ambitious, organized, practical, and goal-oriented. Because of that, these very stable Earth-sign folks will no doubt love the peacefulness and small-neighborhood feel of South Park. But make no mistake — by no means is this spot boring! Despite its quiet style with tree-lined streets and chill vibes, it’s filled with fun restaurants, coffee shops, shopping, and more.
- Buona Forchetta: Delicious Italian, prepared from fresh local ingredients.
- The Rose Wine Bar: Natural vintages, exceptional food and a home-like vibe.
- Communal Coffee: Remote workers love this cute and trendy outdoor café.
Aquarius ♒︎ (January 20 – February 18) — Ocean Beach
Defined by their free-spirited and eccentric energy, you can often spot air-sign Aquarians via their offbeat fashion sensibilities, unusual hobbies and inviting personalities. And since it’s de rigueur for Aquarians to embrace their creativity and uniqueness (even if it makes them stand out from others in a slightly odd or unconventional way), Ocean Beach is their celestial match. OB is the most chill beach neighborhood in San Diego, with a huge surfer/hippie vibe, so laid-back Aquarians will feel 100% at home here.
- The Holding Company: Pan-Asian plates, live music and an open-air rooftop bar.
- The Joint: Something for everyone — sushi, tapas, and even weekend brunch.
- Mike’s Taco Club: Grab a bite and drink and head a few steps over to the sand.
Pisces ♓︎ (February 19th – March 20) — Mission Bay/Beach
Pisceans are regarded as sensitive, gracious, and emotionally aware. These creative and imaginative types are regarded for being among the most sympathetic of the signs, and will go to great lengths to ensure the happiness of those around them. As a water sign, they also enjoy being near the ocean, living at peace and anything art-related. So Mission Bay is the perfect area for them. Any Pisces will be drawn to the natural serenity of Mission Bay, and enjoy lying on the beach while listening to the waves lap the shore.
- Mission Beach Boardwalk: A calming walk with lots of unique shopping.
- Firefly Eatery & Bar: Delicious sips and bites, and calming views of the bay.
- Beach House: Fantastic food, drinks and live music right on the water.
There’s simply no better local stay than at Days Inn San Diego Hotel Circle. We’re centrally located in the heart of the city, offer exceptional fantastic guest amenities, and always-competitive rates. Take a look at our Special Offers page for some fantastic San Diego travel deals, and then let the stars guide you to “America’s Finest City”!