"Count On Us" Program
New Health & Safety Plan and Updated Business Operations
Your Safety And Wellbeing Is Our Top Priority
The safety of our guests and team members around the world is a top priority. As the world adjusts to new travel norms and expectations, we're enhancing the experience for you - our hotel guests - by redefining cleanliness and supporting wellbeing throughout your stay. Our Count On Us program is now being expanded with additional COVID-19 protocols and best practices - many of which are already in place - to reflect the advice of the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention and local public health authorities in markets around the world. List below is a summary of our plans, procedures and protocols that outline exactly how we intend to keep our colleagues, guests, and communities safe, outlined by department.
Property In General
We have augmented our health and sanitation protocols across the properties for everyone's safety and peace of mind.
- Employees, guests and visitors are required to wear face coverings while inside any buildings and while within six feet of anyone else.
- Guests are provided with face coverings as needed.
- Throughout the resorts, social distancing signage and floor decals remind everyone to observe the six foot rule.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including, but not limited to, front desk check-in counters, bell desks, lobby tables and chairs, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys and locks, ATMs, escalator and stair handrails, dining surfaces and seating areas.
- All cleaning agents and disinfectant products are EPA-approved and are of the highest efficacy available in the market, including electrostatic sprayers, which are used in all indoor spaces.
- The number of guests permitted in elevators is limited to only family groups.
- Hand sanitizing stations are positioned at the lobby entrance, outside of public restrooms, and the restaurant.
- All indoor and outdoor seating in public areas, pools, and restaurants are arranged to accommodate social distancing between each family group.
- Floor markings show proper social distancing positions in all high traffic areas.
- In public restrooms, the faucets, soap dispensers, and toilets are hands-free. Paper towels are available to dry hands.
- All public spaces will be disinfected with electrostatic sprayers weekly.
We have increased the cleaning and sanitizing schedule of all front desk and lobby areas, with an emphasis on frequently contacted surfaces, and updated procedures for interactions between guests and host staff.
- There are no valet services and bell staff employees are not permitted to open vehicle doors.
- Only one person per guest party is permitted inside the lobby for check-in to maximize social distancing.
- The Guest Services Agents at the front desk have plexi-glass partitions separating the agent from the guest.
- Registration is paperless. Guest Services Agents will not touch guest identification cards.
- Guest swipe the credit card themselves; Guest Services Agent will not touch guest credit cards.
- Front desk counter and pens are immediately sanitized after being touched by a guest.
- Key cards are sanitized before and after each use.
- Guest check-out is express and paperless; all folios are emailed with a paper copy only upon request.
Updated Housekeeping Policies
Our housekeeping policies have been modified to support the health and safety of our guests and team members. Housekeeping services will be limited to essential guest needs only.
- No housekeeping or turndown service will be provided during your stay unless upon special request.
- Towels, fresh linens, trash removal and other amenities are available upon request and the guest will be required to leave the room while service is underway.
- After guests check out, each guestroom are cleaned with electrostatic sprayers, which are one of the most effective methods of sanitizing indoor spaces.
- All magazines, literature, and guest compendiums have been removed from the guest room.
- All glasses have been replaced with prewrapped, disposable cups.
- Disposable yet unnoticeable pillow protectors go under the pillowcase to ensure there is no transmission into the stuffing of the pillow.
- Robes, slippers, extra pillows and extra blankets have been removed from the closet. These will be available upon request.
- No housekeeper nor maintenance personnel will enter the guestroom while the guest is present in the room.
- In the case of a positive or presumptive positive case of a guest having Covid-19, the guest will be safely escorted off the property. The guest’s room will be removed from service, quarantined, and double-locked. The room will only be returned to service after undergoing an enhanced sanitization protocol performed by a licensed third-party service.
Pool, Fitness and Outdoor Recreation
We have ensured that you will be able to enjoy most of our resort amenities in a safe way.
- Hand sanitizer is provided at each pool gate.
- Pool seating is arranged to social distance by family group.
- Sanitized pool chairs are marked with a sanitization “seal” to help guests identify clean chairs, and will use a sanitized towel. Chairs are disinfected after guest use.
- Pool towels are available in guest rooms. Additional pool towels are available upon request.
- Pool railings, pool entrance gate, towel kiosks, pool bar, pool chairs and tables are sanitized frequently.
- Social distancing is required in pools.
- Because pool area capacity has decreased with social distancing, other areas of the properties will be available for sun bathing and relaxing on chaise lounges.
- Pool cabanas are for family groups only.
- Bikes, boogie boards, and beach umbrellas are available and will be disinfected before and after use.
- Fitness centers are temporarily closed; outdoor exercise ideas such as jogging maps are available.
- Outdoor games (corn hole, connect four, golf putting equipment) are temporarily unavailable.
Restaurants, Bars and In-Room Dining
We offer dining on property with great service, high quality and delicious food, and refreshing beverages, served in a comfortable and beautiful atmosphere.
- We offer a breakfast menu in the morning and an all day dining menu through the evening available for dining service at the restaurant and outdoor dining facility.
- For breakfast, lunch and dinner, hot and cold food and beverage items are individually wrapped, sanitized and ready to carryout by guests.
- Your order will come with a sealable bag to conveniently store used food and beverage containers. Place the bags outside of your guestroom and housekeeping will remove them.
- With a direct bill to your guestroom, the transaction is contactless.
- You may pick up snacks and other convenience items at the carryout counter in addition to food.
- In our outdoor seating areas, tables are marked with a “ready” sign after they have been sanitized, so you know where you can safely sit and enjoy your meal.
- Bunz restaurant signage, menu and hours are posted at the front desk, in elevators, and at the pool area.
Employee Protocols & Administrative Areas
Safety starts behind the scenes. We’re taking extra steps in our administrative areas to ensure our team members’ safety and help them carry best practices forward to you. We have implemented these important steps:
- All employees must undergo temperature and symptom checks prior to starting each shift, wash their hands every 60 minutes for 20 seconds, wear face masks and gloves, be trained on Covid-19 protocols, and monitor and enforce social distancing at all times.
- Employee arrival, departure, break and meal times are staggered to minimize traffic volume in back of house corridors and service elevators.
- Employees do not report to work if they are feeling ill.
- Employees are required to report to management if they believe they have been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or if they observe others who may be displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
I want to thank you again for your support during this challenging time, and we look forward to serving you and your family on your next visit to Days Inn By Wyndham San Diego Hotel Circle.